Thursday, July 7, 2011

For a change ....

My girlfriend asked me to create her a few special cards.  One of them is for her hubby's 50th birthday.  She wanted something that had to do with woodworking/carpentry/painting as he is skilled in those areas. 
For the card, I used mixed media paper with good weight to it, and then on top a dark wood grained paper.  It's embellished with stickers of rulers, t-square, hammer, pencil, and 5 0 stickers on little tags with those foam dots I like alot that make things pop out! 
What I did differently this time was to use a piece of scrapbook paper for the envelope.  I generally like to use thicker paper, but since she doesn't have to mail it I thought the crackle paint paper was quite appropriate for this card. 



6 comments:

  1. Once again, you blow me away with your creativity!

    This card is so FLAWLESS!

    You GO, girl!

    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ron, my friend picked it up the other day and she liked it too! Whew!

    Patricia, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The crackle paint paper is perfect! The card looks really neat too. Thanks for sharing your creative ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the envelope. It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card and envelope...I like to give and receive hand crafted cards! My cards aren't as grand as this but they are made with thought to them...

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete