Friday, June 3, 2011

Befriending brass

I noticed a small line of natural brass components for jewelry (Vintaj) that my local AC Moore store carries and have wanted to try out a few of the pieces.  Then I read about the company online and saw more of their products and really liked what they have to offer.    

I don't think I've ever used brass in my designs.  I definitely still have a deep passion for crystals and silver!  But I'm being drawn to vintage items more and more these days so I thought I'd try adding a bit of brass and see what I came up with.....
 

The detail on these foliage bead caps is just delightful!!!

The decorative window connectors I used in these earrings are really cool too!


Great detail on both sides! 

Even though I have a very small business and cannot usually buy in bulk, I will look for sales and specials on components like these if they go over well with my friends and family.  And I have a craft fair coming up soon too so I'll be hoping for some feedback there. 

What is your favorite type of jewelry to make?  Any specific material you use all the time?

Have a wonderful day, and thanks for stopping by!  

5 comments:

  1. *gasping*

    These are faaaaaaaaaaaaabulous!

    And very different from your other pieces.

    As I've shared before, the manner in which you photograph your items is what makes one want to purchase them! Love the shot with the Buddha statue. So ingenious! You should be in advertising. I bet you're going to sell a bunch at that craft fair.

    Have a wonderful weekend, my talented friend!

    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're lovely, Mary.

    I thought AC Moore was a hardware store???

    I love the foliage bead caps and you really used them to full advantage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh those are nice. I like working with copper. Have some spools of brass wire but I have yet to break them open and make something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ron, thanks so much! I try to take an assortment of photos but I have been partial to using Buddha lately. It's a lamp that my friend gave me when she was moving and couldn't take with her. :)

    Eileen, hmm... maybe it is a hardware store too but around here they sell all sorts of arts and crafts supplies. I've spent wayyyy toooo much $$ in there! Thanks for the kind words.

    Patricia, thank you! I've used a little copper wire here and there. I'm sure your brass designs will be delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are very pretty Mary, loving the colours

    ReplyDelete