Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Cards, cards, and more cards!!

Oooh, I wanted to use that combo of papers for awhile now... ahhhh....


I still love tulle... and my paper crimper!


I have lots of assorted butterflies.


Quite a nice saying... 

I think we might give this one to our BIL.  His birthday was last month and we haven't had time to visit yet.    He does seem to appreciate my handmade cards though... so ... 'just because' we didn't get to see him on his birthday, we're still thinking of him anyway... 'just because' he's a pretty cool guy. 

                    

Always good to be grateful!


I heart this card in a big way!!  The reds, the ripped paper, the crimped shiny tag, the stamped gratitude, the white ribbon.    All of it.  I just adore it. 

And I'm very grateful to those of you who stop and leave me a comment.  Makes my day!!  Thank you.  xo 

Do you send/give many greeting cards?  Do you make them or buy them?  If bought, do you buy handmade or from a store?  Do you like funny cards or more serious ones?

I used to buy those little 'Shoebox' greetings from Hallmark.  They were cute and the prices were good.  Now, I make my own of course, but our family have always given cards for assorted occasions. 



6 comments:

  1. wow Mary you've been busy, love them all and really liking the use of tulle.....looking at your cards is making me miss making them myself.....maybe one day I'll play again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. M, you TOTALLY blow me away with your creativity!

    These (and I sincerely mean this) are better than any store bought card I've EVER seen!

    They're like a work of art! I would probably frame these and do a collection wall grouping.

    LOVE your use of the tulle. Ingenious!

    You GO, girl!

    I'm so proud of you!

    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, cards! They're all so pretty and once again tempt me to try. I must resist though, let you do that and I'll keep playing with my beads.

    ReplyDelete
  4. T, thank you! The only bummer thing about the tulle is when I put the cards into plastic sleeves for craft fairs, it gets a little flat. But I still love using it.

    Ron, you might remember the 'shell' cards that I make... well, a couple people told me they would be good in a shadow box as a decoration rather than given as a greeting card.
    Thank you for your kind words and support. Always appreciated. :)

    Patricia, thanks! OH if you got some supplies you would be hooked! So maybe better to save your $$ for bead purchases!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What GORGEOUS cards! I'm so glad I found your blog. Thanks for stopping by mine :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Eileen! Thanks so much for the compliment and for visiting! :)

    ReplyDelete