Sunday, October 16, 2011

October happenings

These earrings were on hold awhile ago.  My friend must have changed his mind and got his wife a different gift because he never came over to purchase them.  So they went back into my case and finally sold at a craft event I did earlier this month.   I always liked them and am glad they'll now be adorning the ears of a pretty girl instead of sitting in a plastic bag! 


This card sold the other day.  I always appreciate a sale, but feel a little bad when it's a sympathy card, knowing that person has been touched by sadness.


I have an event to attend later in the week and will have some Halloween cards with me. 


I have made alot of Christmas cards over the years but I don't send handmade ones to everyone on our card list.  Sometimes a girl just buys a box or two from the store and is happy with that.  
For the event next week, I do want to offer a few assorted holiday designs.  Guess I better get to work, huh?

                     

If you are a cardmaker, do you make them for all holidays and occasions?  If you sell cards, what is your best holiday for sales?


Hope you are enjoying a nice weekend!



5 comments:

  1. Mary, your creations (whether they be jewelry or cards) always makes me go, WOW!

    GORGEOUS earrings! And as I've shared before, the manner in which you photograph them makes them even MORE appealing.

    OMG...and the Halloween card is BRILLIANT! I love the colors! Love the little spider in the corner!

    A+, my friend!

    Hope you had a super weekend!

    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. what beautiful earrings, glad to hear they have a new home....and what pretty cards....looking at your cards makes me missing creating them myself....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your cards, Mary. They're so dimensional and every one unique!

    I make cards now for personal giving - mostly birthdays and thinking of you themes.

    When I was selling my cards and doing craft fairs, the most popular were definitely Christmas, then birthdays. It was fun being involved in other people's special days. In many cases, I did their cards for years running and knew their kids' and grandkids' names and birthdays.

    Party invitations often with matching place cards were also a big seller.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made winter holiday cards for everyone on my list one year, about 40 cards. It was very rewarding, but I only did it once! Since then, though, I often make my own gift tags. Much quicker, easier, and less stress. Still a lot of fun!

    I also do occasional b-day and thank you cards, and recently, get-well cards for 2 uncles who had surgery the same week. I love making cards for kids most of all! I've never had great luck selling the cards--but then I didn't try terribly hard either.

    Best wishes on your sales! Your cards are really wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ron, I'm so glad that I WOW you!! You're so kind with all your compliments. x
    That Halloween card sold last week. :)

    T, thanks! I'm partial to purple and lavender and all things dangly so I'm glad they are out there being enjoyed.
    Maybe you'll get back to making cards again one day soon.

    Eileen, I appreciate your kind words. I have become very fond of pop dots!! I love that added dimension. I haven't done party invites yet but I'm sure it would be very enjoyable.

    Sharyl, my cards require extra postage, especially the ones with the box envelope, so it can get expensive to send to a whole list. But I will give them to a few people on our list.

    Thanks again, to all of you, for stopping by and leaving comments. :)

    ReplyDelete