Wednesday, May 11, 2011

New project

As if I really need another project.... but I have always wanted to make jewelry in 'birthstone' colors.  I think I have enough beads do up a couple items for each month.  I really need another bead container though because with assorted themes going on I don't want to run out of a particular color mid-project.  I guess a quick trip to the local craft store is now on the errand list.

If you are born in the month of JANUARY, garnet is your birthstone.  I believe there are atleast 6 species of garnet.  It's also the 2nd wedding anniversary stone.
I'm not at all sure where I got the center beads for these earrings (bead show possibly?) but I do like them.  Different lighting gives off different effects.  A deeper color under the light of a small lamp.... 


With daylight coming thru a nearby window....


Against a piece of art paper.....


This pair is made with Sterling silver ear wires and bead caps, hammered metal pins, garnet glass beads, and some always delightful Swarovski clear and garnet crystals.  They dangle down *almost* 2 inches from the top of the ear wire.  Not sure if they'll go on Etsy or be held for a spring/summer craft fair but I do like them and am happy with the start of this new project!  Ooh, come to think of it, I have a bracelet these might go perfectly with for someone who might be interested in a set. 


Have a GREAT day!  

5 comments:

  1. Those are lovely. I've considered using birthstone colors for some of my pieces but I was never sure it would be cost effective for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice earrings and in my birthstone too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blogger must have ate my comment on this. Dang. Beautiful earrings.
    BTW gave you a blog award. =) http://patricialynnestreasures.blogspot.com/2011/05/first-time-for-everything.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Ruthie, Gayle, and Patricia for stopping by and leaving me your comments. :)

    ReplyDelete