Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Welcome!



I started this new blog because I want a place where I can showcase the work that I do part-time as well as meet other artisans who enjoy making assorted handmade items.   The two main crafts I've been working with for the last few years are jewelry and greeting cards.  They are part hobby, part business, and each a TOTAL obsession in their own right.  Boxes and boxes of beads, compartments filled with golden and silvery findings and toggles, sparkly crystals, piles and stacks of papers, stamps, stickers, and ribbons..... ooh, I feel tickly all over! 


I know there are many of you out there who understand how some of us beaders/papercrafters are.   A bit tenacious when we're in our own little zone.   Maybe it's while we're out shopping for supplies, or getting ready for a show, or just making something for a gift.   But don't be afraid, we won't hurt you.  We have lightening fast reflexes though, and can grab that last pack of silver fishhooks right out from under your nose in the craft store!  But then of course we'll share that extra coupon we brought and all will be well.  Don't the 50% off ones just make you squeal with delight??!  


The top picture up above is of a red stone bracelet with crystal and silver accents and spacers.  I adore red and love making jewelry in that color.  I can't wait for the holidays to come around again (235 days 'til Christmas!)  so I can highlight the assorted designs I have available.
The second picture is of a seashell greeting card.  I mailed it out to a lovely lady residing in the UK and I hope it arrives SOON!  It's one of my favorite cards to make.  All those tiny shells are so sweet, aren't they?!
The last picture is of one of my table set-ups.  I have to change them around depending on the venue.  If I'm outside, and it's windy, the little earring cards have to be taped down in some way.  At a craft fair I attended last weekend, I had many of the loose cards taped to plates on a 3 tiered stand and I didn't use the necklace displays.  I just had the necklaces lying on the table.  Wind can be a real challenge at outdoor fairs, especially since my tent does not have sides.   Note to self:  price those sidewalls!!!

Thanks for stopping by!  Please feel free to leave comments!!




2 comments:

  1. Yaaaaaaaaaaay!

    Congrats on your new blog!!!

    I LOVE the template design. It's perfect!

    And of course, you highlighted one of my favorite pieces from your collection...the bracelet!

    Good luck on your new blog adventure, M!

    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, my friend! You are always so supportive and I truly appreciate that!
    That bracelet photo is the background for my biz cards too! Love it.
    I have soooo many things in the works that I can hardly keep up with myself. LOL I just ordered Swarovski crystals in a few assorted birthday colors so I will highlight them at a show this summer or fall. Of course, some Reiki infused jewelry will be available, also chakra/rainbow earrings and more gemstone items. I need a few more hours added to each day.

    ReplyDelete